The pigment used is semi-permanent and can last between 1-3 years. The pigment will begin to fade within 12 months. In order to keep your permanent makeup looking fresh, a touch up is recommended every 12 months to 24 months maximum.
After 2 years, full price for permanent makeup will apply. For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your permanent makeup to fade faster:
- Iron deficiency
- Sun exposure
- Strong immune systems
- Exposure to salt water
How long do permanent eyebrows last?
It is a 2 step process - your initial procedure and a touch up, usually 4-6 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2-3 hours. During this time, a consultation is done where we discuss your desired look, choose a color tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied.
For eyebrows permanent makeup procedure: Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a touch up appointment. The touch up that takes approximately 1-1,5 hours. Touch ups are done in 4-6 weeks of your initial procedure. It is IMPORTANT you complete the touch up treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Color will fade significantly within 2 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades. In 4 weeks after 1st procedure you will see the final color. It is time to come for touch-up. The touch up corrects any irregularities, unevenness, color tones and finishes the process.
How long does a permanent makeup take?
- Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Organ transplant (consult your doctor)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Been using accutane in the past year
- Heart conditions, uncontrolled high blood pressure, poor general health
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system and healing would make you NOT a good candidate for permanent makeup procedures
You are not a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are/have:
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- No waxing/tinting (for eyebrows) or tanning 3 days before.
- For lips, if you have ever had or are prone to cold sores, you must take Valtrex for 5 days before procedure. Also be prepared to see the color stronger than what you expect right after the procedure. They will fade in color 30-50%.
- For eyeliners, be prepared to see them a little bigger/thicker than what you expect. It’s just the swelling. It will get smaller once healed.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
How to prepare for permanent makeup appointment?
Ombre Brows, Powder Brows, Shading — all are different names for essentially the same process.
It is the process of creating a ‘filled in’ or ‘penciled in’ look for the eyebrows.
Powder/Ombre Brows is a semi-permanent makeup procedure where it incorporates pigment to the top layer of skin through a single-needle application to ensure that your look is most natural.
While it’s a similar process to getting a tattoo, the result is much more natural looking.
The ink that is used is far less concentrated than that of a regular tattoo and is specifically formulated for permanent makeup.
Well-shaped eyebrows will help you look younger and fresher and balance overall shape of your face.
We recommend powder brows for individuals with oily skin, mature skin and for those wanting a soft makeup look. The soft makeup look means that the tails of the brows are darker and fade to a lighter at the start of the brows, giving them a subtle look.
The ideal candidates for powder brows are those who have hair, but still like to fill in with makeup. At the same time, it is actually amazing for those who don’t have a lot of natural brow hair as well.
Wake up every morning with natural looking perfectly shaped eyebrows!
Who should consider powder brows?
Permanent Makeup Eyebrows
Powder brows last for 2-4 years.